ModMic Uni is the perfect solution for DXing and contesting. Attach it you your favourite noise cancelling headphones and you have the perfect ham radio headset with a high quality communications microphone. Its uni-directional characteristics makes it pick up more of you and less of the room by attenuating the background noise from amplifier fans, team mates and general environmental noise.
ModMic Uni Eliminates Background Noise
The ModMic Uni features a brand new noise-canceling microphone, a massive leap forward in noise-canceling and overall sound quality, while the in-line mute switch provides instant silence, always in reach.
Proven Performance in Amateur Radio
The ModMic is used everyday by DX and contest operators all over the world, and by major DXpeditions like 3B7A. Featuring the performance of the noise-canceling microphone and Antlion Audio patented design, the ModMic is a great boom mic for your next DX headset.
Works with Your Transceiver
The ModMic Uni works with any radio supporting an electret microphone by supplying a bias voltage on the microphone connector. It connects directly to the SunSDR2 PRO, SunSDR2 QRP and MB1. It also connects directly to the Elecraft K3 and other transceivers with a 3.5 mm stereo tele jack. And it works with most other popular transceivers using one of several available adapters, pick one for your transceiver here before checking out your ModMic order.
See this application note describing how to set your EQ for the SunSDR2 PRO, SunSDR2 QRP and MB1 transceivers to get that crisp and punch when busting pileups.
ModMic Uni – In the box
- One ModMic with noise-canceling microphone
- Two base clasps, one top clasp with cap
- One extra adhesive pad for re-attachment of base clasp
- One foam pop filter
- Carrying case
- Alcohol wipe
- 5 cable clips
ModMic Uni Mechanical Specs
- Jack: 3.5mm plated TRS for use with SunSDR2, SunSDR MB1 and PCs. Also workes with Elecraft K3 and other radios.
- Cable: 3.3 meters length, 2.5 mm diameter, coaxial shielding.
- Boom: 175mm max length, very bendable with internal steel spine.
- Clasp: 12.7mm (0.5 inch) diameter circle adhesive pad footprint, ~17.5mm total height of attached clasp assembly.
ModMic Uni Microphone Capsule Specs
- Pattern: Uni-directional
- Sensitivity: -36 ± 3 dB
- Response: 100 Hz–10 kHz
- SNR: >67 dB (min)
- Max input SPL: 110 dB (max)
- Impedance: 2.2 KΩ
- Operating Voltage: 1 to 10V
- Max current at 2.0V: 500 µA
Tips for Multioperator contest teams: keep a ModMic connected to each transceiver, then at operator change quickly move the microphone from one headset to the other.
Want to make your own adapter? Follow this link to G4WPW’s collection of microphone connections for most radios on the market.
ModMic Uni Brochure