micro2R™ (u2R™) is designed for any amateur with two transceivers and any control interface. It is feature rich but easy to install and operate, provides automatic or manual control of headphone audio and transmitter selection, and is compatible with the automatic modes of all of the most popular contest logging programs.
u2R™ is two radio controller for the single operator (SO2R controller). Install the control/driver software, connect your headphones, paddle, mic, footswitch and connect micro2R™ to your radios: you’re ready to go. The front panel is easy to understand with pushbutton controls for headphone audio and transmitter selection, speed control for the built-in WinKey 2 keyer, separate soundcard drive controls for each transmitter, an easy to use mix level control, and clearly visible LEDs to indicate manual or automatic operation, headphone audio source, and selected transmitter.
Unlike any other commercially available SO2R solution (except MK2R™ and MK2R+™ from microHAM), u2R™ uses either USB or LPT control, includes a proven WinKey 2 CW keyer, support for either electret or dynamic microphones, a UART compatible FSK port for each radio, and built-in support for the voice keyer capabilities of the most popular contesting software.
- advanced (USB) or classic (LPT) control
- proven microHAM Control Protocol
- “Band Data” or Antenna Relay ports controlled by logger
- two UART compatible FSK outputs
- single foot switch operation
- “selected transmitter” output for station automation
- compatible with most standard Windows based programs
- optically isolated USB and LPT inputs
- compatible with LPT interface (CT, TR, NA)
- intelligent keying lockouts for both radios
- hardware lockout for ”last one wins” or ”first one wins”
- programmable PTT Lead and Lag adjustable in 1ms steps
- separately sequenced keying outputs for LNA bypass
- separate PTT per transceiver with automatic focus control
- support for VOX and CAT T/R switching command
- integrated K1EL WinKey2™ with front panel speed control
- front panel speed control.
- nine (9) memories with auto-numbering
- PS/2 keyboard/keypad support for direct CW with type ahead
- PS/2 keyboard/keypad support for CW message playback
- PS/2 keyboard/keypad CW works without computer connection
- front panel headset jacks
- selectable electret bias (+8V) on mic tip or ring
- wide range preamplifier supports both dynamic and electret mics
- microphone switching allows “through the soundcard” or “soundcard override” operation
- transceiver PTT input for correct headphone switching in VOX
- nine (9) memory software DVK
- front panel headphone jack
- passive receive audio with selectable transformer isolation
- support for second sound card for audio review
- front panel control knob for left/right audio ”mix” feature
- dedicated controls for ”classic” audio control (R1/BOTH/R2)
- support for dual dual BCD band data or antenna relay outputs
- integrated chokes and filters for maximum RFI immunity
- Metal/Aluminum case, powder coated and silk screened
- no time limit firmware/software upgrade on-line
micro2R™, USB cable, two stereo audio cables, 2.1mm x 5.5mm coaxial power connector, ground lug and CD-ROM containing the microHAM USB Device Router program, manual and example configurations.