The SDR structure is based on 24-bit data size at 48kHz sampling rate providing excellent transmit and receive performance and the G90 is highly configurable for a rich user experience.
Julian OH8STN from SurvivalTech North walks you through functionality of the Xiegu G90 in this Video.
Xiegu G90 Features
- High performance front end narrowband ESC preselector
- Frequency range of 0.5~30MHz, SSB/CW/AM
- 1.8 inch high brightness color TFT LCD screen
- ±24k bandwidth spectrum display with waterfall
- Software defined narrowband filter (CW mode: 300Hz)
- Detachable Front Panel/Display Unit
- Up to 20W of RF power
- Built-in wide range automatic antenna tuner
- I/Q output for interfacing with a PC or XDT1 panadapter
Xiegu G90 Receiver Parameters
- RX frequency range: 0.5MHz to 30MHz
- Modes: SSB/CW/AM
- RX sensitivity: better than 0.25uV @12dB Sinad (PRE: ON) Machine dynamic range: 90dB
- Adjacent channel suppression: 60dB
- Audio output power: 0.5W@ 4Ω
- Standby current: 750mA @ Max
Xiegu G90 Transmitter Parameters
- TX frequency range: all amateur bands 1.8 to 30 MHz
- Modes: SSB/CW/AM
- RF output power: 20W
- Spurious suppression: ≥50dB
- Carrier suppression: ≥50dB
- Sideband suppression: ≥50dB
- Transmit working current: 8A @ Max
Xiegu G90 Antenna Tuner Parameters
- Initial tuning time: ≤12s
- Re-entry tuning time: ≤ 2s
Xiegu G90 General Specifications
- Operating voltage range: 12 ~ 15V DC
- Operating temperature range: 0 ° C ~ 55 ° C
- Frequency stability: ±2ppm (after 30 minutes of power on)
- Size: 120*45*210 mm (without protrusions, head unit combination status)
- Weight: about 1kg
Xiegu G90 Supplied Items In the box
- 1 x Xiegu G90 Transceiver
- 1 x Multi-function Microphone
- 1 x USB CAT and Firmware Cable
- 1 x DC Power Cable with fuse
- 1 x DB-9 remote head cable
- 1 x Operation Manual
- 1 x Warranty Card
- 1 x Quality control card
- 1 x Hex key
- 2 x Front extension handles
- 2 x Rear extension handles
Xiegu G90 Recommended Accessories
- XPA125B 100W Solid State Linear Amplifier
- CE-19 Expansion Port for easy PC connection
- ModMic boom microphone (this adapter needed)
- ANjo EFW40-10P Ultra Light 3-Band Wire Antenna
- XTRFY SC-1 24-bit high quality USB sound card for digital modes
- Pileup Frequency Extension Mod, enables full HF range TX
- GSOC Panadapter/Data Terminal (available 2020)
- GZF-1 Desktop stand with cooling fan
- BFK-5 Desk stand framing kit
- Deluxe VFO Knob
Reynold-A. Kueng (verified owner) –
My Xiegu G90 (V1.75) was bought trough PileupDx. Congratulations for the reactivity, efficient order processing and delivery. I intend to use the rig mainly for portable, /M onboard a fishing boat on inland waterways and as a backup for home. Operated with no problems on FT8, FT4, GS8call, RTTY, SSB and CW (using a straight key).
The display screen is packed with informations but remains easy to read. Good looking, useful spectrum scope and waterfall display. Receiver is extremely sensitive and with the use of manual AGC / PRE and ATT it is possible even on short or stealth antennas to get amazing DX results. VOX is easy to setup and is advisable for the data op who wants to operate without CAT. The digital filter is easy to adjust in any mode using the multi-function adjustment knob. The ATU is very efficient even on the low bands. The backlit microphone is a pleasure to use in field conditions. Voice compression works as described and the SWR scanner is a useful tool for the field operator. The mini Tamiya DC connector is fine for me for this power level and they are easy to source. By using the CE-19 breakout box it is easy to connect to a ZLP for datacomms and at the same time to use an external PA. I normally drive mine with 1 – 3W. The G90 also fits nicely in vertical position into most manpack bags. The “Deluxe” VFO knob makes fine tuning on RTTY much easier. Excellent rig, packed with features, good value for money.
73 de Alex, HB9CKR
Reynold-A. Kueng –
Christian Reslow (verified owner) –
Perfect for me who just got my licens. I bought the Xiegu G90 mainly for portable use and find it quite rugged. I have used the radio on FT8 and SSB. I don’t have any other radio to compare with but think it has a lot of features for the price.
Christian Reslow –
Carl Christiansen (verified owner) –
Surprising nice little rig for the price! And what a great ATU!! All works fine and the only thing I don´t like is the automatic agc on cw. Regarding the Multi-function knob I would like to have 1kHz stepping instead of 100kHz default.
I also missed fast QSK as my other rigs have but I can live without it.
But in all, I like it very much and I can really recommend it!
Carl Christiansen –
Peter Fors –
Köp av mod mic
Fungerar kalasbra !
Purchase of mod mic Works great!
Peter Fors –
BOTTE Eryck (verified owner) –
Excellent appareil! Petit mais fait le maximum. Le coupleur d’antenne est parfait, le transceiver est pratique sur l’ergonomie, ainsi que la mise en oeuvre en portable. les fonctions principales sont très nombreuses: Rien à dire. E B
BOTTE Eryck –