The Chameleon MIL EXT 2.0 whip has been designed to offer maximum portability and performance for those already using the portable Chameleon MIL 2.0 Whip for man-pack antenna system.
This collapsible antenna extension needs to be used with the Chameleon MIL 2.0 to create a 5.55 meter long portable antenna. When combined with any HYBRID series antenna bases (like the Chameleon HYBRID-MICRO or HYBRID-MINI from the Chameleon MPAS 2.0) the Chameleon MIL EXT 2.0 will operate at all frequencies in the 1.8-54 MHz band without any adjustment with most modern external antenna tuners. The Chameleon CAP HAT can been added between the EXT 2.0 and the MIL 2.0 for higher efficiency on lower bands through increased capacitive loading.
This four 28” sections of ¾” diameter of aluminum alloy tubing is designed for portable HF communication where rapid deployment and simplicity of operation is essential but compactness is primordial.
The aluminum tubing walls of the Chameleon MIL 2.0 is thicker and stiffer than the version 1.0. Also, the joint inserts and the main tubing are made of a single piece thus reducing the losses.
This is an EXCELLENT add-on for the Chameleon MIL 2.0
Mounting Configuration: 3/8-24 Thread
Length Collapsed: 71.3 cm
Length Extended: 2.68 meter
The antenna system consists of:
1 X CHA MIL EXT 2.0
IT’S IMPORTANT TO WATERPROOF THE UNIT BEFORE PERMANENT INSTALLATION
Use the Ideal NOALOX 4 oz. Anti-Oxidant Compound to improve the efficiency of aluminum conductor connections. This compound provides additional inner-strand and inner-conductor current paths.
- Anti-oxidant and anti-seizing compound improves efficiency and service life of aluminum electrical applications
- Suspended zinc particles penetrate and cut aluminum oxide
- Provides additional inner-strand and inner-conductor current paths for improved conductivity and cooler connections
- Reduces galling and seizing on aluminum conduit joints to promote good ground continuity
- For use with pressure type wire connectors including screw-on, tap, service entrance and split-bolt