Chameleon Antenna has taken the world’s most popular NVIS antenna (Near Vertical Incidence Skywave), the U.S. Army’s AS-2259/GR, and made it better by making it lighter, more portable, and with increased frequency coverage while not sacrificing the ruggedness needed for hard field use. It was built for the jungles of Vietnam but is now ready for your harshest EMCOMM environment. The Chameleon NVIS is a specialized antenna designed primarily for NVIS propagation and for use by serious Emergency Communication (EMCOMM) operators. The typical use case for the Chameleon NVIS would be for use inside a disaster area where communications with emergency aid providers, who are located just outside the affected area, is required.
The Chameleon NVIS antenna will operate from 1.8 – 54.0 MHz (including 160m – 6m Amateur Service bands) without any adjustment when used with an antenna tuner. This antenna requires one center support, approximately 15 feet in height, and is self-guying.
Chameleon NVIS Specifications
- Frequency: 1.8-54.0 MHz (with external tuner)
- Power: 100W SSB 50W CW 25W Digital
- Height: 15 ft.
- Element Length: 45 ft
- Weight: Less than 3 lbs.
- RF Connection: UHF Plug (PL-259).
- Set up time: Less than 15 min.
Chameleon NVIS Parts
- 2 X 25′ (16ga. Tinned Copper KEVLAR PTFE (Teflon) (-70°C to 150°C) wire)
- 2 X 38′ (16ga. Tinned Copper KEVLAR PTFE (Teflon) (-70°C to 150°C) wire)
- 4 X TENT STAKES
- 1 X TRANSFORMER
- 4 X WINDERS
- 2 X 7′ MINI-PARACORD
- 2 X 20′ MINI-PARACORD
- 1 X 50′ MINI-PARACORD
- 1 X 50ft COAX W/ RFI Choke
- 1 X THROW BAG
- 1 X DUFFLE BAG
- Stainless Steel Hardware