General description of the OM4000A Remote control
Remote Control expands possibilities of using your OM4001A power amplifier up to 10 meters away from your operating position. When needed it is also possible to connect Remote Control unit to LAN network and control it using special software (not part of this package) to unlimited distance.
- Remote control for OM4001A
- Power supply 230V / 12V, 600mA
- 10m patch lead to link Remote control with OM4001A PA
|ON / OFF
|– Standard ON / OFF switch. On state is indicated by green LED on the switch
|– button controls the operating state of the PA. When i noperating mode green LED is lid
|– Power LED indicates connection of power supply. 12V / 500 mA
|– Red Fault LED indicates fault on PA. It shall be lid on any fault condition!
|– yellow LED indicates Stadby state of the PA
|– yellow LED will be lid if PI tuning circuit indicates that additional tuning is necessary
|– indicates 2nd grid protection. Trigered if safe screen current has been reached )
|– Yellow LED will indicate excessive reflected power on PA’s antenna socket
|– will be lid if maximum drive power has been exceeded
|– 30 segments bar graph will indicate peak output power
|– Standard RJ45 connector – LAN Interface for remote access
|– Main ON / OFF switch. (Cut’s off 12V supply to unit)
|– power jack (5,5 / 2,1) for supply of 12V / 600mA
|– calibration potentiometer ( if necessary to synchronize the power bar graph with bar graph on OM4001A )
|– socket for direct connection to OM4001A PA
Warning: Please pay extra attention not to use PA socket as LAN socket as harmful voltages could damage your Ethernet devices such as switches, PCs etc. Use only supplied 10m cable to connect your PA with Remote Control unit.
The Remote control box has to be grounded properly! Connect the screw on the rear panel of the box to your local grounding system with a copper-cable; use a cross-section of 4 mm2 at least. Connect your transceiver and amplifier to the same grounding system of your shack carefully! If you use a power amplifier with higher output you have to be aware that your grounding system works properly. All parts have to be grounded to the same system. Use short cables and make sure that there are good contacts! Otherwise you run the risk of damaging your equipment, having problems with TVI/BCI or your signal may be distorted.
- Connect unit with the OM4001A power amplifier using the supplied cable
- Supply 12V DC voltage to power socket using supplied PSU
- Check that green POWER LED and yellow STBY LED are both lid. Shall any connection fault occur it will be indicated by sequenced POWER and STBY flashing and FAULT led will be lid constantly.
- Turn the PA on using the ON button. Tube heating process will begin. This will be indicated by green LED on the ON button and by flashing of four LEDs (TUNE,GRID,SWR,DRIVE) (WAIT led will be also lid on the PA’s front panel)
- After heating process PA is now ready to be turned into operating mode using OPERATE button. Use same switch to enter STBY / OPERATE (works as reset shall fault state occur)
Warning: It is absolutely a must to observe and follow all best practices and safety precautions as well as your local health and safety law and fire / electricity regulations. We do recommend using visual remote control like Web Camera etc.
Remote unit is interfaced to LAN via XPORT made by Lantronix (type XP1001000-05R). More info can be found at www.lantronix.com .
Default factory settings of XPORT are:
IP address: 192.168.1.222 (first series can be: 192.168.1.101)
These are strictly default settings. You can modify any of these by going to XPORT web GUI via your web browser. We do not recommend changing any other parameters of the XPORT interface as loss of communication can be caused by doing so. There is no default user name or password. It is highly recommended to secure web interface with username and password.
For remote control and monitoring over LAN special software is needed. It is available free of charge; it can be downloaded from the following address: