The RPI server is based on the Raspberry PI platform and comes in an RF shielded enclosure fully functional with the server software pre-loaded on a 16 MB micro SD card. It is designed to work over any internet connection and the free remote client software has many presets for connection speeds ranging from 70 kbps to 1 MB.
The server converts only the information needed to listen to the tuned signal and to see the panadapter for the full sampled bandwidth. This information is transfered efficiently over the internet connection and then extracted by the remote client PC software. Individual settings for sound quality and panadapter resolution and update frequency are available for optimising your remote experience.
In addition the Expert Remote Server in the RPI Server lets you access and control your SunSDR2 transceiver or ColibriDDC receiver via any web browser supporting the HTML5 standard. This means that you can listen and tune your radio from any computer including mobile IOS and Android devices like mobile phones and iPads.
The remote server software is currently in development and it is offered free of charge on an experimental basis under the condition that functionality might be limited and the preconfigured version might not be usable in all situations. The hardware is covered by standard warranty. Read more about the Expert Server client and server solution here.
In the box
- Raspberry PI3 model B in RF shielded metal enclosure
- 16 GB Micro SD with server software pre-loaded (currently beta version)
- Quick start guide
Remote client/control software available for free download.
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B hardware specifications
- 1.2GHz Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU
- Dual Core VideoCore IV® Multimedia Co-Processor
- 1GB LPDDR2 RAM
- 4 USB ports
- 27 GPIO pins
- Video Output HDMI (rev 1.3 & 1.4 Composite RCA (PAL and NTSC)
- Audio Output 3.5mm jack, HDMI
- Ethernet – 10/100 BaseT Ethernet port
- Combined 3.5mm audio jack and composite video
- Camera interface (CSI-2)
- Display interface (DSI)
- Micro SD card slot
- Power source 5 Volt via USB cable