SunSDR PRO features a high speed LTC2209 ADC for superior BDR, Blocking Dynamic Range, a big heatsink for good cooling, a local oscillator with high stability. The SunSDR2 PRO comes with a 10 MHz reference input as standard. The user friendly but powerful ExpertSDR2 software is included and future updates are free.
SunSDR2 PRO Main Capabilities
- Separate independent receive path based on Direct Down Conversion principle (DDC)
- Separate independent transmitter, based on the Direct Up Conversion principle (DUC)
- Full or half-duplex mode *
- Antenna switch for 2 antennas in HF
- 10 MHz reference input
- Built-in power-meter and SWR-meter in HF band
- 8 open collector outputs for control of antenna switches, band pass filters or other accessories.
- ALC output for external power amplifier
- PTT input for footswitch
- CW key input
- Headphones output, impedance 8-10000 Ohm
- Microphone input for dynamic or electret microphone
- Modular microphone input for Yaesu MH-31 or other hand mic with PTT and 3 additional function buttons
- Polairty reversal protection
- Ethernet LAN interface with galvanic isolation between transceiver and PC
- Transceiver’s calibrations are kept inside the device. No need for primary calibration
- Remote operation possible with CW key and PTT via the E-Coder panel, and RX and TX audio via PC.
* Full duplex mode is supported by the hardware, but is not yet implemented in the software. Full duplex is a planned feature in a future release of ExpertSDR2.
- Amateur Radio HF/VHF transceiver
- SO2R/SO2V contest radio
- MO2R – two operators in Run & Multiplier station applications
- Spectrum analyzer with the spectrum scope up to 80MHz
- Record frequency spectrum for later playback
- Clean operating position controlling radio over LAN
- Remote Control via DSL or mobile 4G or 3G connection
The ExpertSDR2 software package is used to control the SDR transceiver. In receiving mode the software provides two independent receiving channels with up to 312 kHz bandwidth. Each receiver has its own sub receiver. ExpertSDR2 runs under Windows XP/7/8/10 x32 or x64 and Linux Ubuntu x64. Minimum hardware requirement are an Intel Core i3, video card supporting OpenGL 1.5 and RAM 256 or more RAM.
The SunSDR2pro transceiver can be delivered with an optional WiFi unit.
Whats in the Box
- SunSDR2 PRO Transceiver
- LAN-cable 1.8m for connecting to local network
- Power cable 2.0m for connecting to power supply
- Two 6.3mm phono male to 3.5mm phono female adapters to connect a headset to the radio
- CD with software (latest version always available at SunSDR.eu or eesdr.com)
- Mini UHF (male) to SO239 (UHF/PL female) pigtail adapter with 30 cm RG58 coax.
- WLAN Unit (limited availability)
In addition to the sunsdr2pro we also recommend the following accessories :
- Power supply for voltage 15 V current 5A
- Noise cancelling headphones with ModMic boom mic
- E-Coder control panel for ergonomic contest or DX operation
|HF output power||15 (max 20W)|
|VHF output power||8W|
|Frequency range||All ham radio bands (160-6m, 2m)|
|DAC converter||14 bit 640 MSPS|
|SSB carrier rejection||>70 dB|
|I/Q image rejection||>90 dB|
|Dynamic microphone impedance||600 Ohm (Yeasu MH-31 compatible)|
|Frequency range||10 kHz to 65 Mhz, 95 MHz to 148 MHz|
|Oversampling frequency range||10 kHz to 300 MHz|
|Bandscope width||20 kHz to 80 MHz|
|IQ output sample rate||39, 78, 156 and 312 kHz|
|Independent receiver channels||2|
|Blocking Dynamic Range (BDR)||129 dB|
|IMD3 Dynamic Range||100 dB|
|I/Q image rejection||>110 dB|
|Sensitivity (preamp on)||70 nV|
|Attenuators||-20, -10, 0, +10 dB|
|ADC converter||160 Msps, 16 bit|
|10 MHz reference input||Optional|
|WLAN interface||100 Mpbs|
|LAN 100 Mbps protocols||UDP, ICMP, ARP|
|Onboard high quality audio DAC||24 bit|
|Output for external equipment||8 programmable transistor switches|
SunSDR2 PRO is available for delivery from stock.